Associate Producer, Digital Video
Full Time Job
ESPN's Digital Show Creation unit – the team behind SportsCenter on Snapchat, Always Late with Katie Nolan and more – is looking to hire an associate producer responsible for helping produce new digital shows at ESPN.
The ideal candidate will be creative, self-motivated, and proficient in the Adobe edit suite with an eye for creative social design. In addition, they'll have a deep understanding of what successful content looks like in social media and ideas about how to apply that to ESPN platforms.
This is a one-year project role.
• Work with Digital Media Producers to create, develop, and produce video elements and special projects using non-linear editing systems – Quantel, Final Cut and After Effects software
• Experience within a control room environment to help live produce shows (both on linear and digital)
• Work across different groups at ESPN to align and strategize around our new digital projects.
• Advanced content planning around sports holidays and ESPN company priorities.
• May produce high-end edit sessions for complex video elements
• Pushes the envelope creatively and demonstrates strong story-telling ability
• Researches sports information and utilizes information resources in support of content creation and to ensure accuracy.
• 2-3 years' experience in media creating, producing and editing content
• Has extensive sports knowledge – both current and historical.
• Advanced non-linear editing skills (Quantel, Final Cut, Avid, Premiere, After Effects, etc.).
• Experience in researching and editing archival footage.
• Proficient in producing for social websites and an understanding of optimizing content for those specific platforms.
• Availability to work nights/weekends/holidays
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism, broadcasting, communications, sports management, social media, or graphic design
**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.