Associate Manager, Programming & New Media
Full Time Job
The Associate Manager, Programming & New Media takes a lead role in the daily relationship management and schedule oversight of ESPN's DMVPD partners and schedules. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Programming. This position requires consistent communication and interaction with all internal ESPN departments including Production, Programming, Rights/Clearances, Marketing, Research, Legal, and Social Media teams.
This position is also charged with the strategic scheduling & acquisitions of esports content as well as content across all ESPN networks and platforms (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3, etc.) to maximize viewership and revenue. Works collaboratively across all ESPN departments and with external rights holders to fulfill contracts and achieve established company/team priorities and goals.
• Directly responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all schedule information and imagery of ESPN networks across DMVPD platforms.
• Aggressively review all ESPN schedules on a daily basis to identify then resolve issues with ESPN metadata to ensure accurate population of both live and VOD content across internal and DMVPD access points.
• Responsible for assisting the Senior Manager Programming with strategic esports scheduling & acquisitions.
• Working with the Social media team manage the scheduling inputting process for all social media platforms to maximize efficiency and revenue.
• Assist the Sr. Manager with the day-to-day scheduling of esports on all ESPN platforms.
• Manage and maintain relationships with esports and social media partners.
• As part of the programming team, contribute new ideas and suggestions (within and outside of DMVPD/esports/Social) guided by ESPN's overall brand strategies, viewer response, and the competitive landscape
• Translate the analysis and evaluation of trends in ratings and behavior into recommended actions and strategies
• 3 years of experience in television programming or related sports field.
• Strong knowledge of the changing landscape of television, the sports business & the cable industry.
• Strong knowledge of and passion for all relevant social media platforms including Snap, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, Mixer etc.
• Strong knowledge of Digital TV services like YouTube TV, PlayStation Vue, Direct TV Now, HULU Sling TV.
• 4 years of experience in television programming or related sports field.
• Knowledge of content scheduler system or other ORACLE-related computer system.
• Strong knowledge of esports and the growing video game industry landscape.
• College degree in Communications, Business, Sports Management, or other related field.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.