Associate Editor Social Talent
ESPNLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The ESPN social team is a group of hard-working, sports-loving individuals who are dedicated to bringing fans the best in social content. If you are creative, collaborative, and passionate about sports, you will love your role on this team. We believe in the respectful challenging of ideas (vs. people) and strive to create an environment that allows for both serious journalism and lighthearted fun.
ESPN Associate Editor Social will oversee the daily creation and curation of content for a variety of ESPN-branded social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Editors must be able to develop unique and compelling content that will thrive in mobile/social environments. They must have or develop an awareness of the operations of multiple ESPN units, as well as skillsets against multiple content types (text, video, and photo) in order to collaborate successfully in identifying and/or developing up-to-the-minute content.
• Helps create and maintain content plans for specific windows of coverage and sport event priorities.
• Generates new ideas for social media posts and executes against them from start to finish.
• Participates in ensuring that writing style is consistent with editorial policies; edits and enhances social copy.
• Supports internal and external resources to make content compelling and comprehensive on social media
• Applies fundamental ingenuity, creativity and analytical skills to assignments.
• Editorial decisions are guided by a defined editorial policy and overall strategy and you will be expected to adhere to both.
• Work is subject to close scrutiny and is closely supervised and reviewed for timeliness, clarity, accuracy and adherence to established procedures.
• Works with supervising editors and peers to determine whether or when social media posts are warranted.
• Contributes to creating competitive, forward-looking and comprehensive coverage.
• Sports happen on nights and weekends and those shifts will be regular and required in this position.
• 2 years' experience in media, journalism or related field
• Has basic editorial judgment, competent writing and editing skills, and is able to balance conflicting priorities and demands.
• Has an understanding and a familiarity with social media programming.
• Has a basic appreciation of popular culture and contributes to an understanding of the tastes of ESPN's fans
• After Effects/Premiere/Photoshop experience
• Video editing experience
• Experience working with a variety of digital content management systems
• Understand and follow closely the latest in social media trends
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field OR a high school diploma and a suitable combination of related training and experience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Los Angeles Cable Sports Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
Los Angeles Cable Sports Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.