Associate Director Ad Product Management
Full Time Job
The Associate Director, Ad Product Management role is charged with driving product innovation and execution in support of ESPN's company strategy and objectives. The successful candidate has a demonstrable track record of successfully conceptualizing, launching and managing high quality ad products in a consumer oriented company and must possess a strong data-driven mindset.
The right candidate must be able to set and articulate a strong ads product vision that aligns with business objectives, and execute the plan to perfection in partnership with Consumer Data, Sales, Product, Design, Engineering, Content, and Marketing. This role will be a driver in ideating on new ad product concepts, communicating these concepts across the product organization and partner organizations within ESPN, and driving the execution of these products. The right candidate must be a self-motivated, team player who can contribute to the overall business objectives of the organization.
• Leads product definition and planning for initiatives and actively manage issues, risks and cross-functional communication
• Collaborate with various internal teams to define and implement features that further our advertisers and our own business interests
• Identify, evaluate and make a final decision on potential technology vendors and be a key voice in discussions and processes related to ad tech.
• Strategically plan product functionality and goals across launch, iteration, and future roadmaps, while balancing core elements need in launch vs. updates
• Evaluate and execute on new market opportunities
• Manages and mentors junior leaders within the organization
• 8 years of work experience with deep product experience and expertise as product manager / owner
• 3 years of work experience in digital ads
• Must have proven product management skill and a demonstrable track record of launching successful innovative consumer-facing products and services.
• Excellent, experience- based understanding of great user experience
• Results-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Highly motivated strategic thinker
• Terrific creative product vision and care
• At least 2 years of personnel management experience preferred
• Product management experience in video or mobile preferred
• BA / BS or equivalent experience
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you'll have the opportunity to join a team that's beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.