Administrative Legal Assistant
Full Time Job
The Administrative Legal Assistant assists the legal department with a mixture of simple and semi-complex administrative duties, programs and projects. Duties typically include both simple and semi-complex contract and correspondence preparation, distribution, tracking and completion.
• Teamed with specific attorneys from which virtually all assignments flow
• Executes a wide variety of simple and semi-complex administrative tasks, e.g., travel and expense reporting; meeting arrangements; food and voucher arrangements; scheduling and schedule monitoring. May interface with SAP in departmental financial matters
• Prepares confidential memos, correspondence and letters, as well as form and other simple contracts and similar legal documents. Types all documents required by attorneys
• Handles incoming telephone calls from other executives, senior managers, important clients and sponsors; arranges conference calls
• Conducts administrative support activities for department attorneys
• Interface with finance function as necessary
• Performs clerical functions for attorneys
• 2 or more years of applicable experience.
• Knowledge of selected word and data processing functions (e.g., MS Word, Adobe, Excel)
• Working knowledge of selected legal procedures, terminology, and contract policies and standards within designated areas of team attorneys
• Working knowledge of contract or applicable document-development processes and maintenance standards for the company's master/standard contract files within areas of team attorneys
• Television or sports media experience.
• Prior experience as paralegal
• Interest in a legal career
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.