Project Documentation Specialist
Entertainment Project ServicesLas Vegas, NV
Full Time Job
Entertainment Project Services (EPS), an equal opportunity employer, is a nationally recognized entertainment design and project management company. EPS provides mechanical and show integration design and detailing, project management, and fabrication services for theatrical, themed, and architectural installations with a primary focus on custom automation projects for the Entertainment Industry. EPS operates from its headquarters in Las Vegas Nevada and serves clients around the globe.
Job Responsibilities, Duties and Essential Job Functions:
The Project Documentation Specialist will report to the Senior Project Manager in coordination with the Assistant Project Manager. It is the Project Documentation Specialist's responsibility to compose clear and coherent technical information, write operations/maintenance and troubleshooting manuals for end users, and possess overall understanding of the projects systems and equipment. The Project Documentation Specialist shall additionally organize and manage all technical writing, documentation and communication duties as assigned to ensure that essential tasks are completed on-time and in compliance with contracted project specifications and requirements.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the end-user and the documentation required by the project
• Research and build knowledge about equipment, services, technology, or concepts to be documented
• Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and presents and edits technical information accordingly
• Prepares or commissions graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing
• Meets with subject matter experts to ensure that specialized topics are appropriately addressed and discussed
• Works with managers to ensure that the finished documentation meets project requirements
• Creates, adapts, and follows project schedules and deadlines
• Archives and organizes all documents for the project
• Create and maintain SOP and workflow for all drawing and document numbering and labeling schemes per contract requirements
• Implement and maintain all documentation control software and process/version control
• Create and maintain all digital documentation file storage and backup
• Create and maintain project contacts lists, drawing and documentation indexes, keys and data lists
• Organize and manage all Job closeout procedures and documentation requirements
• Attend all project meetings as assigned, create and distribute minutes
• Research and prepare analysis and reporting as required
• Provide administrative support in the execution of assigned projects
• Administration assistance project retrospective and review
• Support Sr. Project Manager and Assistant Project Manager as required
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Project Management, IT or Communications or related field or commiserate and demonstrated professional experience. Experience with construction and/or design professional contracts preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
Principles and practices of professional technical writing
Principles and procedures of construction documentation processes
Professional publishing software
OSHA 10 Training and other safety programs training a plus
Familiarity with AutoCAD or similar
Experience with database platforms
Skill and Ability to:
Supervise, organize and review the work of support staff
Good oral, written, organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work
goals, excel under pressure
Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and
manage priorities with minimal guidance
Must have basic PC experience in Windows environments, working knowledge of
word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, Web-enabled applications, and database
Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently, experience with direct interaction within a project team environment essential
Entertainment industry specific experience/knowledge a plus.
Position: Full-Time, willingness to relocate to project onsite location for a period of time and willingness to travel 25% of the time.
Commensurate with experience.
Job Code: Project Management Department
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online