Building Information Models (BIM) Coordinator
Entertainment Project ServicesLas Vegas, NV
Full Time Job
Entertainment Project Services (EPS), an equal opportunity employer, is a nationally recognized entertainment design and project management company. EPS provides mechanical and show integration design and detailing, project management, and fabrication services for theatrical, themed, and architectural installations with a primary focus on custom automation projects for the Entertainment Industry. EPS operates from its headquarters in Las Vegas Nevada and serves clients around the globe.
Job Responsibilities, Duties and Essential Job Functions:
EPS is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Building Information Models (BIM) Coordinator. This position reports directly to the Director of Mechanical Design. The BIM Coordinator will be responsible for assembly and management of master project models in REVIT. The master models will incorporate design elements received from in-house EPS Designers as well as information received from outside Vendors.
• Assist the Director of Mechanical Design with development of SOPs and best practices for design and drafting functions
• Implement and maintain all drawing files and process/version control
• Create and maintain all digital design and drawing documentation file storage and backup
• Organize and manage job closeout procedures and documentation requirements
• Reporting creation and distribution including but not limited to:
o BIM model updates
o Vendor design conflict and solution reports
o Layout updates
• Attend all project meetings as assigned
• Research and prepare analysis and reporting as required
• Provide administrative support in the execution of assigned projects
• Support of the Director of Mechanical Design as required
• Assist on project work - modeling and detailing
• Manage and distribute coordinated digital documents to the project team
• Coordination of the BIM with the project Construction Administration Phase for submittals, construction models, shop drawings and schedules
• Manage software products including but not limited to incorporating new
version releases and customization of the product
• Manage the implementation of supporting software for BIM
• Stay informed on best practices for use of Revit Architecture and BIM.
• Installation and support of related BIM software
• Responsible for BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement internally and for all projects
• Creation and maintenance of the software Template files to assure standards
• Provide support for plotting and electronic file submissions
• Automate routines to support standards and productivity
• Provide quality control for completeness and adherence to company standards
• Provide Revit Fundamental and Intermediate training to staff, as needed. Including the Mechanical Detailer(s) and other staff to ensure standards are maintained in the creation of the BIM model
• Other tasks and duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Possess or working towards Bachelor's degree. Engineering degree or equivalent experience a plus. Certification/Degree from a technical school or training program will be considered. A degree in Technical Theatre, and/or professional experience in the Theatre/Entertainment industry will be considered. Equivalent professional experience will be considered.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 3+ year's production experience in design, drafting or engineering
• Minimum 2 years recent experience with Autodesk REVIT
• Experience with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD a plus
• Good oral, written, organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals
• Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and
manage priorities with minimal guidance
• Must have basic PC experience in Windows environments, working knowledge of
word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, Web-enabled applications, and database
• Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education on BIM
• Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently, experience with direct interaction within a project team environment essential
• Experience with custom fabrication and rigging experience a plus.
• Entertainment industry specific experience/knowledge a plus.
• Willingness to travel (minimal, but may be required for site visits and meetings)
Travel: This position may be required to travel infrequently for meetings or for onsite coordination during construction/installation
Commensurate with experience
Job Code: Design Department
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online