EntercomNew York, NY
Part Time Job
WINS Writer (Part Time)
1010 WINS, New York's one and only all-news station is looking for a news writer to work in our fast paced iconic newsroom. We are looking for people that can take news copy and turn it into a story that sounds like a conversation on the city streets. If you understand that compelling writing, great story-telling, and creative use of sound make for a great news product then we want to hear from you.
New York is the greatest, most diverse city in America. Our stories reflect the people, issues, politics, and quality of life the city.
• Extensive writing under deadline pressure
• Ability to continuously update copy throughout shift
• Must be able to read and understand complex material and turn it into easy to understand copy
• Ability to follow breaking news and update source copy in station
• Work with a team of seasoned professionals
• Strong ability to incorporate audio into written stories
• Have working knowledge of legal guidelines, FCC rules, etc. and how they apply to your writing
• Candidates must be expert in audio editing and Social Media.
• You must be able to work in one of the most fast-paced radio newsrooms under the most demanding deadlines anywhere.
• You must have the ability to write for major breaking news stories, tragedies, lighter stories, celebrities, newsmakers, and thrive in an environment where your work is subject to intense public scrutiny.
This position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of major market experience as a broadcast writer.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country's two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12 in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation's unrivaled leader in news and sports radio.
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship.