Part Time Digital Media Producer - Entercom
Part Time Job
Entercom Chicago is seeking an experienced, energetic, and innovative journalist to join our news team as a Digital Content Producer. This is an editorial position, which reports to the Digital Content Director, along with direction from radio station programming management.
The ideal candidate has strong news judgment, news writing and copy editing experience, and knows how to create compelling content for our local and national audiences.
Candidate should be able to identify trends and stories that can be produced for Entercom Chicago's web sites and optimized utilizing multi-media platforms and social media outlets. Candidates must be detail oriented, self-motivated and work well under pressure to meet demanding deadlines.
Prior experience in a newspaper, online, radio or television newsroom is a must. Experience with audio/video editing is a plus.
This job requires flexible hours, including weekends, holidays, early mornings and/or late nights
This is a union position with SAG-AFTRA.
Entercom's digital content producers must possess a thorough understanding of online audience habits and audience acquisition strategies, including but not limited to:
• Strong journalistic skills including news judgment, research, writing and editing
• Familiarity with both news and sports formats
• How to use SEO strategies in building headlines, stories, galleries, multimedia posts, etc.
• Experience with multiple social media platforms on behalf of a brand or publication. Proven success driving traffic and brand through these platforms.
• Understanding of basic web analytics and how to apply them.
Entercom's digital content producers are expected to apply the above concepts in the following parts of their job:
• Develop original stories and content exclusively for Entercom Chicago's digital platforms
• Work in and with the WBBM newsroom to produce compelling multi-media news experiences for the digital consumer.
• Help coordinate digital assignments. Clear communication, teamwork, and attention to detail are essential.
• Execute effective, company compliant messaging on Social Media, text and email platforms
• Program website section fronts to engage digital consumers.
• Make sure all daily content production is optimized using SEO strategies.
• Track daily web analytics and respond accordingly.
• Research, develop, write, produce and sell clickable, shareable content across every relevant platform, including Facebook, YouTube and our On-Demand audio service. We expect you to bring story ideas daily, and aggressively contribute to breaking news coverage.
• Function as field producer for stories either assigned or self-generated.
• Engage, inform and manage our social media community, including moderating comments and answering questions, with direction from Entercom Chicago's management team.
• Engage with and challenge current staff to excel in reporting though all channels
Administrative Support Workers