Fall Paid Intern - Events Department
Part Time Paid Internship
The following internship opportunity is within the Events Department of Entercom Radio Pittsburgh. The intern will report directly to Senior Events Manager. The goal is for the intern to learn the various aspects of event planning within the media industry and to be mentored in the area of events from planning to follow-through. In addition the intern will have the opportunity to see how other departments work within the company.
Overview of Internship duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Assist in the research, planning, coordination and implementation of events for the Entercom Radio Pittsburgh Cluster
• Assist in planning of event timelines
• Attend meetings related to event planning
• Research ideas for additional activities onsite at events and execute opportunities
• Attend all scheduled events period applicable during the internship period
• Copywriting, editing and proofing materials related to event promotion including on-air announcements, web and social media content
• Create Recap and overview of event with assistance from the Events Manager that will include photos, promotional mentions and event details
• Maintain a weekly log of activities at radio station/or copy those required by college or university.
• At least 18 years old
• Must receive course credit for internship
• Minimum commitment of 12 weeks at least 3 days a week
• Availability to work on a varied schedule that includes evenings and weekends on event dates
• Reliable transportation to station and event sites
• Exceptional Communication Skills
• Ability to take direction
• Must have exceptional attitude and a desire to learn
It is the continuing policy of Entercom Communications Corp. to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, or sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or physical or mental disability, veteran or disabled veteran status, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. We solicit assistance on these openings and future openings. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Administrative Support Workers