Part Time Job
Entercom Minnesota's WCCO-AM, is searching for an experienced Broadcast Journalist to join one of the upper Midwest's most-trusted newsrooms. Primary duties and responsibilities include conceptualizing, editing and producing stories for on-air, online, & digital media platforms; reporting in the field and anchoring; developing and maintaining local contacts.
• Anchor multi-hour shifts on News-Talk station.
• Produce and recording news stories.
• Gather, write, record, edit and deliver content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
• Interview news-makers.
• Write scripts and ad-lib material for stories.
• Develop and research potential sports stories.
• Ability to write and post stories to website and social media.
• Other duties as required by management.
• Must be available early mornings, nights, weekends as necessary.
• Minimum of 3 years anchoring or reporting news/sports for broadcast media.
• Must be computer literate and have excellent writing skills.
• Proficiency in editing and packaging news sound and interviews.
• Must possess contemporary sound and excellent on-air delivery.
• Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics.