Assistant Editor Blu-Ray
Full Time Job
• Experience with Premiere Pro and Photoshop
• Familiar with standard frame rates, aspect ratios, and codecs
• Able to identify and handle interlaced vs progressive footage
• Very detail-oriented, able to identify and adapt to assets delivered with unusual or incorrect specs
Job FunctionsBasic editing in Premiere Pro to prepare video and audio assets for authoring. Includes:
• Removing slates
• Trimming or extending video assets as needed
• Adjusting audio levels
• Identifying 5.1 surround sound channels and exporting surround/stereo stems
• Syncing commentary tracks
• Upresing SD video content
• Removing commercial blacks
• Conforming/ Converting video and audio to meet Blu-Ray Spec
Cleanup menus in Photoshop to follow a specified format that is importable into DVD and Blu-ray authoring software
Encode video and audio in Dolby Media Producer, DTS Encoder, and Cinema Craft Encoders
Edit and export subtitles and closed-caption files in Captioning software.
Content Delivery. Simplified.
Founded in 1996, our company is one of L.A.'s most respected independent media service labs. We provide a full range of content delivery solutions: On Disc, On Demand, On DCP and On Film. Our in-house services include: Film Scanning, Color Grading and Restoration, Technical Editing and Asset Conform, Standards Conversion, Subtitling, 5.1 Faux Audio Upmix and 3D Motion Graphic Design/Animation.