Dreamworks TVGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
DreamWorks Animation is looking for more adventurous dreamers who shoot for the moon. We tell stories about the journeys our unconventional heroes take to make dreams come true. As a growth-minded studio, we pride ourselves on being one of the world's leading producers of high-quality, award-winning, animated films and series, reaching consumers around the globe. We push to feel more, laugh more, and build immersive new worlds.
DreamWorks creates a diverse array of original content in a variety of formats, delivering compelling stories with unique characters. We place tremendous value on the experiences our talent brings to the table from their own non-traditional paths to success. We believe in frequent communication and that transparency and trust yield the best work. We are a community of artists, technologists, innovators, and creators, who are passionate about animation and also happen to love eating lunch together.
As an integral part of the Post Production Editorial pipeline, the Avid Assistant Editor will assist the Picture Editors with day to day tasks. They will receive tasks from the Post Production Supervisors while working closely with the Picture Editors to gain a greater understanding of the editorial process for Animation Post Production.
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
â€œWhat would you say you do here?â€
• Responsible for setup and management of Avid projects on PC-based Media Composer and Symphony systems.
• Importing shots and animatic materials using a file based workflow for use in assembling shows on both 2D and 3D CG productions.
• Export sequences through various stages of the Post Production pipeline to multiple QuickTime formats.
• Import and cut in scene updates
• Performing media management of workspaces and basic maintenance such as deleting precomputes and organizing media.
• Assemble and update show credits using Photoshop and Avid MC.
â€œWhat do I need to have in order to do this job?â€
• Will need to be very organized and capable of multi-tasking as they will be receiving requests from multiple parties, often simultaneously.
• Will need to have a basic understanding of common HD and UHD video codecs.
• Must be an independent, self-starter who can also work well within a team.
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
• Comfortable working in fast-paced environment and operating with a sense of urgency.
• Knowledge of video post production is preferred.
• Experience with Non-linear editing software is preferred.
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
• Experience with AVID Media Composer/Symphony is preferred.
• 1-2 years of TV Animation workflow experience is a plus.