Dreamworks FeatureGlendale, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Search for Director, Development jobs in Glendale-CA
• Work to maintain and grow the DreamWorks Animation film slate.
• Support the goals of the Development Department as a contributing member of the team.
• Collaborate with key creatives (Producers, Directors, Writers) on development projects, taking initiative to move projects forward.
• Provide clear and supportive feedback to creative teams at all stages of development and production, including but not limited to notes documents.
• Develop and grow relationships with management companies and talent agencies in order to find new writers, artists, directors, producers; and to source new projects.
• Be able to present ideas to executive leadership in a clear, articulate and engaging manner.
• Work closely with the Director and Producing team in a sometimes day-to-day capacity on films, dependent on need.
• Develop processes and workflows to maximize internal resources.
• Be a creative ambassador and build a culture of creative thinking and innovation with internal teams.
5 years of development experience in film or related content.
• Excellent people management skills, including the ability to correctly read people and their needs.
• Strong communication and leadership ability.
• Relationships in the film development and production space, including, but not limited to, agents, managers and producers.
• An artist friendly personality, someone who deeply values the creative process.
• A proven track record of developing extraordinary content.
• Experience at a feature studio and/or production company.
• Familiarity with the process of animation production and knowledge of the animation production community.
• A strong desire to innovate, learn and grow.
• Significant experience leading development teams and delivering smart, relevant creative ideation.
• Strong interpersonal skills capable of building positive relationships both inside and outside the company.
• Bachelor's degree or higher level of education.