Senior Account Executive (PR)
Domain IntegratedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Seeking Senior Account Executive for Agency's Lifestyle Clients
We are one of the country's top hospitality/beauty/fashion/lifestyle PR firms with offices in Los Angeles and New York. We are looking for a creative multi-tasker with a positive attitude, enthusiasm, exceptional organizational skills, and steadfast commitment to teamwork. This person would be responsible for leading accounts in our growing hospitality practice. The role is client facing and provides opportunities to work across communications disciplines including social, influencer relations, media and events. We work in a fast-paced office environment and thrive on passion for our work and in support for each other.
• Bring a multi-disciplinary approach to client management, strategic thinking, and program execution.
• Identify opportunities to develop compelling storylines and to ensure that local/national and corporate/brand messages reinforce and complement each other.
• Create programing to support the various events and activations, as well as other marketing related programs as they are developed.
• Identify current and lifestyle trends to create opportunities to position the client and their respective brands as industry leaders and expert resources for news media.
• Develop and maintain active contact with local, regional and national press that will benefit the client's initiatives and goals. Field incoming media leads and assist client in their management and reply.
• Work with clients and CEO to prepare, develop, consensus for, and implement measurable objectives, strategies and action plans to help support clients programming.
• Manage media relations - both reactive and proactive. Responsible for pitching story and news opportunities to media and, as needed, will coordinate and manage press releases, desk-sides, executive talking points, briefing books, media training, support as media liaison at events or tradeshows, supports press release distribution, amongst other various PR preparation tasks.
• Serve as day-to-day contact for clients along with managing a team of 3-5 staff to produce deliverables and goals on time.
• Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Experience & Skills
• Minimum of 5 years of communications experience, including managerial/supervisory roles, preferably within the consumer lifestyle/hospitality sector, either in-house or at an agency.
• Extensive media relations experience.
• Proven ability to write and edit a wide range of materials, including press releases, statements, key messages, speeches and other documents.
• High degree of personal and professional savvy and experience which instills confidence among all internal and external audiences.
• Ability to lead through consensus building and team mentoring.
• Experience in establishing credibility and presenting programs and ideas persuasively to individuals in leadership positions.
• Strong communications skills - written and verbal.
• Conceptual, flexible, strategic and creative thinker.
• Sound judgment and maturity with unquestionable integrity.
• Computer skills with proficiency in MAC and other Office programs (Power Point, Excel, Google Docs) and Cision.
• Familiarity with communications metrics and analytics.
• Ability and flexibility to travel and work long hours and weekends to accommodate client-needs.
• B.A./M.A. in Communications or Marketing preferred but not required.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online