Sr Manager - Analytics
Disney ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Disney ABC Data & Analytics team within Disney Media Networks is responsible for the data strategy, decisions and analytics to deliver accelerated growth and monetization through enhanced customer experiences with our products. We partner across ABC, Freeform and Disney Channel World Wide on digital product, advertising and marketing analytics to better engage our audiences across all devices and platforms. Through the solutions we deliver, our business can more effectively personalize content, direct marketing, and target advertising to consumers on tv, mobile, desktop, and streaming devices.
We're looking for a Senior Manager of Analytics to build and lead our teams spanning business intelligence, analytics and visualizations, helping to drive a culture of data informed decision-making across Disney. This team will work closely with our engineering and architecture team, our product and program management team and our data science team.
In this role, you'll see a direct link between your work, the business performance and our ability to engage our viewers. He/she will be responsible for leading all data integration, analysis, and insights to inform our digital product, advertising, and marketing strategies while including all stakeholders and improving the data literacy of our organization. Success in the role will be determined by ability to deliver analytics to drive growth, achieve business outcomes, and monetize new revenue opportunities.
The perfect candidate will have extensive experience delivering basic reporting capabilities in addition to advanced analytics solutions in a geo-distributed matrixed organization. We are also looking for a great team builder with strong communication skills, a strong sense of ownership, and an ability to lead with influence. This is a full time position based in our New York office, with team members spanning New York, Burbank and Seattle.
• Manage, develop, and motivate a group of analysts
• Be a go-to expert for tv ad sales and digital product goals, strategy and long-term vision
• Lead and conduct deep-dive analyses to identify needs and priorities of the media business
• Facilitate data-driven and informed decision making and prioritization
• Recruit, interview, train, and hire new team members
• Develop strong cross-functional partnerships across Disney to drive our team's success
• Provide mentorship, guidance, and career development to members of your team
• Drive outstanding performance both for this team and the broader Data & Analytics org
• Ability to communicate strategy and results to different audiences
• Experience in all phases of software development life cycles
• Experience in managing and leading large projects and teams
• Experience communicating with business leaders and cross-functional stakeholders
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, preferably in agile environment
• Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
• 10 years in business intelligence, analytics and/or data science
• Experience in conducting analyses to drive revenue impact
• 5 years hands-on experience with SQL (Oracle, Hive, MySQL, etc)
• Experience with statistical analysis. Stat packages such as R, SPSS, SAS, etc
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field
• MBA or Masters degree in a technical field
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.