Senior Financial Analyst
Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
A central part of the Walt Disney Company, the Disney Channels (Disney Channel, Disney Jr., Disney XD) provide a daily touch point for kids around the world to experience our storytelling. Here, you will work alongside the best, chart your own career course and help create the next generation of media and entertainment. It's an exciting time as we work across multiple platforms all while changing the face of media and you could be a part of the evolution.
The Financial Planning and Analysis group is dedicated to providing high quality information and services to our business partners. We support their decision making process while earning their confidence and respect by efficiently providing and maintaining accurate and timely financial data. We will promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology while maintaining a fun environment.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst that will play a key role within the Financial Planning and Analysis group. Through partnerships with key stakeholders your work will include: updating financial models, reviewing models and plans for accuracy, ensuring timely preparation of forecasts, and effectively communicating any issues or changes. You will be provided an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to act as a change agent by improving and building upon existing planning tools.
• Support coordination and preparation of forecasts, Annual Operating Plans and Five Year Plans
• Develop, enhance, update and/or maintain financial planning models and Programming Amortization models
• Support the preparation of cause of change analysis for each forecast, Annual Operating Plan and Five Year Plan
• Work with key stakeholders, operating groups and finance team members to improve the effectiveness of the financial planning process, assumptions and results
• Support the preparation of Management reporting and analysis
• Support and prepare ad hoc special projects, financial analysis and reporting
• Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
• Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint
• Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
• Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong affinity for the Disney brand and its role in the global marketplace
• Previous work experience in financial planning and analysis preferred
• Experience with SAP preferred
• Experience with COGNOS a plus
• B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.