Research Analyst, Multiplatform
Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Research Analyst, Multiplatform (Disney Channel Worldwide)
Disney Channels Worldwide has a global portfolio of 118 kid-driven, family-inclusive entertainment channels and/or channel feeds available in 164 countries/territories in 34 languages. Disney Channels Worldwide Multiplatform Research is seeking a Multiplatform Research Analyst to work across our kids' platforms: Disney Channel, Disney Junior, and Disney XD.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated starter who prides themselves on their attention to detail and accuracy, and can hit the ground running. In the current TV landscape, a candidate is needed who can not only pull data, which is an important need of our business, but can also formulate actionable insights. This candidate will be joining a fast-paced team that is often required to provide those insights in a quick, accurate manner.
• Utilizing research tools across the linear, digital, and social spaces to pull data
• Developing insights across the DCWW portfolio of networks, as well as the competition
• Creating standard reports, as well as working on day to day projects and requests across all lines of business
• Presenting of findings, on occasion
• Supporting all team members as needed across the Multiplatform Research department
• Data entry and proofing of program names as needed
• Keeping informed of the rapidly changing TV environment
• Excellent analytical and organization skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
• A resourceful, nimble self-starter, with a willingness to pitch in wherever needed
• A can-do, positive attitude that fosters a collaborative team environment
• Knowledge and understanding of TV/Media landscape
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely manner
• 1-2 years of experience in linear or multiplatform research preferred; internship in a related field a plus
• Experience with Nielsen data and use of software such as StarTrak, NPower, Omniture, Rentrak and myEVNTS preferred; experience with Amplitude and/or Tableau a plus
• Advanced computer skills; Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Teams
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.