Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Product Manager (Disney Channels Worldwide)
The Disney Channels World Wide (DCWW) Digital Media Games & Interactive team is currently seeking a Product Manager to join our diverse, dynamic, and dedicated team. The position will focus on games, activities and interactive experiences in a fun, fast-paced and collaborative environment. The position is located in Burbank, CA and will report to the Senior Product Manager.
The DCWW Games & Interactive team delivers highly-scalable, award winning games and linear-to-digital interactive experiences for the DisneyNOW app – Disney's TV Everywhere app that brings the content of Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD into a single, personalized experience.
The Product Manager is responsible for all aspects of the game and interactive production process including ideation, external developer onboarding, managing the production process and product deliverables, internal/external communication, business unit relations, production/content deliverables and post-launch support. This position will work closely with both internal and external partners to understand and deliver against the goals and initiatives.
• With a user-first mindset, understand the needs, wants and challenges of the Disney Channels World Wide digital audience.
• Partner with internal teams such as Research, Programming, Marketing, Franchise and Ad Sales to build experiences that support our core initiatives and engage our viewers.
• Work with a Senior Product Manager to manage budget, timelines, and day-to-day production for multiple titles, from creative concept and development through launch and sustain.
• Serve as a point of contact for internal and external queries regarding content development and production issues.
• Work with the Research team to better understand how our users view and utilize our various products and features.
• Be responsible for prioritizing requests, bug fixes and new development work in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
• Minimum of 3 years hands-on mobile game production experience with multiple titles shipped
• Hands-on mobile game production experience with multiple titles shipped
• Excellence in managing relationships with internal and external partners and identifying and solving day to day product issues
• Familiarity with The Walt Disney Company and Disney Channels Worldwide franchises, including Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior
• Possess a passion for digital media and entertainment
• Understanding of the technical aspects of mobile content development, service-based client/server tech, social/virtual economies, and analytical data
• Self-motivated, natural problem-solver with ability to oversee projects both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Self-starter who can liaise with our internal stakeholders including Content, Design, Marketing and Ad Sales
• Experience with Keynote, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Photoshop
• Excellent oral/written communication, organizational skills, attention to detail, and passion for gaming and television required
• At least one shipped free-to-play/freemium IOS and/or Android game preferred
• Experience with television/media industry
• Experience working on products for kids 2 - 14
• Familiarity with Disney Channels Worldwide shows and brands
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Management, Communications or like field (or equivalent work experience)
• Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.