Disney ChannelLondon, UK
Full Time Job
We are looking for a candidate to fill the role of Presentation Scheduler in the Media Planning and Presentation department of the Walt Disney Company. The role is a 12 month fixed term contract and is based in the Disney EMEA Head Office in Hammersmith, London.
The overall purpose of this role is to create Disney Junior network schedules, ensuring that they are completed to agreed deadlines, standards and brand values across the Disney Junior pan-EMEA feed.
To produce detailed and accurate competitive presentation schedules for Disney Junior on a daily, weekly and monthly basis within team:
• Prepare schedules, making sure all promotions reflect media plan and secondary events, opt-out cues and any other transmission instructions are correctly added.
• Maintain a creative level of presentation elements across all feeds in line with branding.
• Feed into campaign briefing process, representing presentation strategies and needs.
• Using research, audience profiles and creativity to place promos and maximise audience awareness
• Scheduling of cross promotions and their placements within the schedules where possible, including opt-outs.
• Review continuity elements to make sure all throws and information are relevant to schedule and promotional priorities clearly communicated.
• Track delivery of promotional inventory to ensure all is delivered on time for transmission.
• Monitor competitive channels' promos to keep abreast of the market place.
• Monitor the Disney Junior output on a daily basis.
• Liaise with transmission on any changes or errors that may occur and adjust schedules accordingly.
• To be on call outside of office hours.
Experience and qualifications required:
• Substantial, proven experience within Presentation at Scheduler level, ideally across multiple territories
• TV/Broadcast industry experience
• Knowledge of IBMS scheduling system and other broadcast systems software an advantage
• Understanding of transmission process
• European languages a bonus.
• Exceptional time management & organisational abilities
• Capable of working well under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail
• Be able to maintain composure under pressure
• Analyse problems effectively and takes action to resolve
• Attention to detail, accuracy, highly organised with a 'can do' attitude.
• Highly innovative, with proven demonstrable experience in generating creative ideas.
• Proactive attitude to managing and solving challenges, and identifying improvements and opportunities.
• Knowledge of Broadcast Scheduling System e.g. IBMS/ What's On, as well as channel reporting systems an advantage.
• Ability to adapt and learn new systems quickly.
• Previous experience working in a TV programme planning, presentation, digital department an advantage.
• Experience evaluating and interpreting research data an advantage.
About Disney Channel:
Disney Channel creates content that captures the imaginations of kids and adults of all ages. Our talented professionals harness passion and creativity to tell stories that are loved by millions around the globe. From both classic and cutting-edge animation to blockbuster movies and live-action comedy series, Disney Channel delivers across multiple platforms wherever our audience lives. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Channel.