Manager - Contract Administration
Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Manager, Contract Administration will be responsible for supporting the DCWW (Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Jr, DTC) Programming Hub, as well as its clients by collecting, analyzing, tracking, reporting data and administering contracts on a daily basis in a timely and accurate manner.
Core Duties may include the following:
• Track options in BLAST database and distribute reminder notices to Creative Executives, Business Affairs and Legal Affairs.
• Request and track option fee/purchase payments and draft letters for option payments.
• Communicate effectively with IT partners with immediate feedback and guidance on how to evolve and troubleshoot BLAST.
• Draft pick up letters for ATL talent and License agreements.
• Review and approve final payments for Development and License fees.
• Enter and review all deal points into BLAST for Production and Acquisition agreements, including amendments.
• Research and provide ad-hoc queries for Business and Legal Affairs from BLAST.
• Process Minors' Paperwork and maintain data in BLAST, including monthly reporting.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the Contract Administration team, Senior Leadership, Hub Leaders and Administrative Assistants, as well as other members of the Business Affairs and Legal Affairs Department while holding self and team members to a level of excellence.
• Additional duties may include: Data cleanup, Database testing of applications, and photo approvals.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the entertainment industry administering the contractual obligations in Business & Legal Affairs agreements including tracking options, analyzing deal terms and database entry/reporting.
• Strong IT skills and extensive database experience
• Expertise in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, and database systems
• Expert analysis of contracts (review requested data and provide information/analysis to requestor; determine start and end of contracts/windows as needed)
• Paralegal or Contract Administration experience
• Client management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Team player
• Time management/prioritization of deadlines
• Positive attitude/motivational
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Comfort with change and ambiguity
• Professional demeanor
• Attention to detail
• Strategic thinking
• Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the entertainment industry administering the contractual obligations in Business & Legal Affairs agreements including tracking options, analyzing deal terms and database entry/reporting.
• BLAST experience
• Project Management skills
• Knowledge of television production/acquisitions and terminology
• Strategic thinking
• Knowledge of screen credits process
• Union guild expertise
• Effective coaching and feedback skills
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Paralegal certification or equivalent experience
About Disney Channel:
Disney Channel creates content that captures the imaginations of kids and adults of all ages. Our talented professionals harness passion and creativity to tell stories that are loved by millions around the globe. From both classic and cutting-edge animation to blockbuster movies and live-action comedy series, Disney Channel delivers across multiple platforms wherever our audience lives. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney/ABC Cable Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Channel.
Disney/ABC Cable Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.