Manager - Consumer Insights
Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Manager - Consumer Insights (Disney Channels Worldwide)
Disney Channels Worldwide has a global portfolio of over 100 kid-driven, family-inclusive entertainment channels and/or channel feeds available in 169 countries/territories, in 35 languages. Disney Channels Worldwide Consumer Insights is seeking a Manager to work across our Kids' platforms: Disney Junior, Disney Channel, Disney XD and Radio Disney.
The Consumer Insights Manager will be joining a best-in-class team that is forward-thinking, innovative, and engaged in helping understand the evolving entertainment landscape. Working across premiere brands and content including Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars, the Manager will be responsible for a variety of projects with a strong focus on content research. Candidate will also support projects covering cultural and landscape trends and ad hoc projects related to our platforms and strategies.
• Lead content research projects at all phases of a series lifecycle from concept to pilot to marketing and positioning to maintenance and health post-launch
• Manage design, fieldwork, and execution of qualitative and quantitative studies
• Attend and oversee focus groups / qualitative research sessions (often in evenings, including travel throughout US)
• Analyze, summarize, and debrief research findings, both written and verbal
• Deliver insights that directly impact key content decisions, including storylines, characters, talent, positioning, and future development
• Present to all levels of management, comfortable giving creative feedback to executives
• Act as a thought partner internally with executives and with external research vendors in managing and coordinating projects
• Manage and run studies in our proprietary online panel of kids and families
• Oversee large-scale quantitative tracking studies including on-going management and reporting
• Provide insights into topics impacting our audience, including current youth popular culture trends and behavior
• Support internal ad-hoc requests and business questions by analyzing a variety of data sets and communicating key insights
The Consumer Insights Manager will report to the Director, Consumer Insights and support the larger Insights team across a range of projects including brand health tracking, creative testing, new product / concept testing, and broader landscape and trend studies.
• 3 years of experience supporting / conducting primary research projects – both qualitative and quantitative at a media/entertainment company, advertising agency, research supplier or brand consultancy
• Solid project management experience – focus on content research – huge plus!
• Self-starter with passion, energy, and enthusiasm to impact the future of content
• Confident presence – strong communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
• Exceptional organization, time, and project management skills
• Dedication to delivering the highest quality work, unflagging attention to detail
• Flexible and will embrace new assignments with a can-do attitude as priorities change
• Collaborative, able to work across a variety of teams and establish strong relationships
• Skilled at data visualization and creating impactful presentations and deliverables
• Experience with entertainment research and research with preschoolers/kids/tweens a plus
• Travel and evening research attendance required
• Bachelor's degree required, degree preferably in the fields of Marketing, Communications, Economics, Psychology, Social Sciences or related fields a plus
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.