Intern - Broadcast Technology & Operations
Disney ChannelLondon, UK
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Internships: Disney Channel Broadcast Operations & Post Production Support 2019/20
Are you an undergraduate looking for a challenging and rewarding 12 month internship with Disney?
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine gaining valuable skills to add to your degree within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale.
Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship. You will receive constructive on-the-job training and the opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment. As a valued employee you will receive essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and onwards in your career.
You'll be delivering technical, administrative and organisational support to the Technology and Operations team. You'll assist the technology and broadcast managers with documentation and manage a methodical system for handling deliverables and assets.
You'll also track and analyse transmission issues so they can be resolved quickly and assist with the daily operation of Disney's media asset management and workflow system. Helping maintain the Technology and Operations specification and workflow documents as directed and provide technical advice to team as required.
Post Production Support
You'll be delivering technical, administrative and organisational support to the broadcast operations & creative services teams, alongside the Post Production engineering team.
You'll assist with the management of Disney's Production Asset Management and Workflow System and provide support for this system to the various teams using it. In addition, you'll help support our extensive Post Production facility comprised of broadcast online edit suites, graphics workstations & render farm, broadcast audio mixing suites and remote edit clients on laptops. As well as this you'll help keep documentation up to date and track issues in a support ticket system.
The Production team for Disney Channels are based in Chiswick, West London and produce content for our portfolio of channels
• Disney Channel
• Disney XD
• Disney Junior
The team produce promos and interstitial content internally, and commission third parties to produce promotional and graphics content for our channels. We are offering a chance to work alongside these teams in a pressured but exciting environment, with the chance to support either area.
• MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education in September 2020
• MUST have the existing right to work in the UK
• Be studying towards a related degree e.g. Broadcast / Media Technology / IT / Engineering
• Must have a high level of computer literacy
• Experience with After Effects, Adobe Premiere and/or AVID Pro Tools would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of file based workflows and standard broadcast file types.
• Good at prioritising and a natural ability to tackle various admin duties
What we offer
• The opportunity to develop your skills and experience with Disney and help build the foundations of your future career
• The chance to work in a fantastic team environment, learning from the best and with the support of a brilliant community of interns
• The opportunity to be part of Company-wide learning and development initiatives including training and networking sessions, participation in our Annual Learning Expo and more…
• The chance to attend Family and Friends movie screenings, seeing the latest Disney releases in our in-house cinema or in the West End.
• Ability to join charity projects within the community, participating in our Disney VoluntEar schemes
• Annual salary of £21,000 with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and fabulous discounts on Disney products and shows.
We will give you the opportunity to gain experience working for the world's leading entertainment company. There is no better place to show what you're made of – apply now!
Please apply with your CV and covering letter; please note applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Your covering letter should include the following information and be around 400 words:
• Why have you chosen Disney?
• Why have you chosen this specific internship?
• Why should Disney choose you for the 12 month placement?
Application deadline: Sunday 16 December 2018
For hints and tips on your application, please click here
About Disney Channel:
Disney Channel creates content that captures the imaginations of kids and adults of all ages. Our talented professionals harness passion and creativity to tell stories that are loved by millions around the globe. From both classic and cutting-edge animation to blockbuster movies and live-action comedy series, Disney Channel delivers across multiple platforms wherever our audience lives. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Channel.