Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
ABC Television seeks a qualified candidate for an Executive Assistant role supporting a SVP Music Business & Legal Affairs Executive. In this role, the person will perform a variety of administrative duties including word processing, handling heavy volume of phone calls, booking travel arrangements, preparing simple documents (including letters) and coordinating a busy calendar. Additional responsibilities include: managing invoices and payments for a variety of projects, preparing and submitting expense reports, updating and maintaining a variety of status reports and charts. Environment is demanding and fast-paced and involves preparation, revision and distribution of time-sensitive legal documents. Ideal candidate has great credentials and an interest in learning about television, and music business and legal affairs.
• Answering and screening incoming calls
• Assisting in matters relating to Music Licensing and Music Publishing
• Scheduling meetings and maintaining extensive calendars
• Handling the preparation and processing of expense reports
• Managing and maintaining departmental files
• Updating status reports
• General office duties including photocopying, faxing, shipping and ordering supplies
• Contributes to departmental projects as well as implements special projects as assigned
• Overseeing the ordering and maintenance of general office supplies for the team
• Oversee special projects and/or assignments as needed
• Tracking the status of execution of agreements
• Candidate should have a minimum of two years administrative experience with a strong knowledge of the TV and Music Licensing and Publishing industries.
• Computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Team player attitude with the ability to interact with multiple levels of employees and clients within and outside the organization.
• Must work well under pressure
• Ability to multi-task successfully
• Detail-oriented, with proven organizational and prioritization skills
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to exercise appropriate judgment in executing tasks without supervision
• Ability to multi-task a variety of projects at any given time
• Effective communication skills in both verbal and written form
• Must possess enthusiasm, flexibility and creativity and be willing to assume challenges and increased responsibility.
• Prior agency desk, legal and/or business affairs experience.
• An interest in TV and Music and/or business affairs.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.