Executive Assistant I
Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
• Support the two VPs of Original Programming by managing their calendars, scheduling meetings, screening and prioritizing all incoming phone calls, meeting requests, ordering supplies, coordinating travel, managing and tracking expense reports and coordinating department off-sites and events.
• Responsible for meeting set-up, and follow-up: preparing creative materials, booking rooms, test and set up all IT needs, arranging catering, documenting notes as needed, and coordinating follow-up items to completion
• Preparing decks for internal and external creative presentations, including editing clips and mocking up creative materials
• Reading scripts, books and pitches and writing coverage
• Responsible for updating the department project report, talent lists, pitch logs and overall organization of all development materials
• Tracking kids media and literature trends
• Assist with any special projects as needed
• Minimum of 1 year of experience as an administrative assistant, entertainment, network or talent agency experience preferred
• Knowledge and passion for animation and kids programming
• Able to communicate with professionalism with all levels of executives, management, and staff, including high-level entertainment industry talent, agents, vendors, and with a diverse set of personalities and work styles.
• Self-motivated, highly organized and excellent follow through skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks with a high level of detail and accuracy
• Must be creative minded, innovative, solutions-oriented and efficient.
• Demonstrated ability to partner well with others and build strong, effective relationships.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Apple Keynote, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut and Final Draft
• Bachelor's Degree or a combination of education and experience that would approximate this level of professionalism.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.