Director, Production Disney Channels
Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
As a Production Executive for Disney ABC Networks Group, the Director will supervise, execute, and manage the production of original multi-platform video content for Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior Marketing teams, including Creative Marketing, Social Media, Digital, DisneyNOW, Integrated Marketing, Partnership Marketing, and Radio Disney, supporting the Executive Director in providing leadership in all aspects of production for internal and external projects.
Manage all assigned production responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Analyze and negotiate budgets submitted by vendors and production companies.
• Establish and maintain professional relationships with production companies.
• Create and review budgets for internal productions.?
• Produce, execute, and supervise internal productions.
• Actively seek, vet, and identify new creative production companies, freelancers, and individual content creators.
• Retain and manage freelance employees, as necessary.
• Ensure all company's policies, standards, and protocols are upheld on location and in-studio shoots.
• Stay current on new developments in technology to add value to the overall quality and efficiency of productions.
• Collaborate with Production colleagues to monitor rates for crew, vendors, and facilities, to provide continuity and parity between projects.?
• Manage venue and location negotiation, as required.
• Manage Disney ABC Networks Group projects as determined by Executive Director.
• In absence of the Executive Director, Production, govern any ongoing production policies/procedures.
• Maintain knowledge of company's creative goals and business objectives as well as Standards & Practices guidelines, in order to assist productions in successful compliance.
Liability and risk issues:
• Ensure each project obtains necessary Insurance and Rights/Clearances for performers, locations, music, stock footage, and other production elements.
• Oversee compliance with Guild, Union, Labor, and Minor requirements.
• Deal memos
• Project Contract Requests
• Talent Engagement and Payment
• Creative and/or Project Teams
• Series Production
• Talent Relations
• Production Finance
• Legal/Labor/Business Affairs/Standards & Practices
• Music Production & Legal
• Technical and Facilities Operations
• Approve, manage, create, and reconcile project budgets.
• Ensure production plans are in line with proposed production schedules and budgets, and flag potential overages.
• Review production invoices and actuals. With Production Finance, analyze and summarize performance as needed.
• Follow all relevant departmental policies and procedures on an on-going basis.
• Maintain all relevant legal and financial administrative responsibilities as they pertain to production projects.
• 8 or more years' experience in physical production as a Line Producer/Producer/Production Executive in one or more of the following:
• Television, Cable, and/or Digital Network
• Television, Digital, Music Video, and/or Commercial Content Production Company
• Current working knowledge of TV, New Media, and Commercial guild and union agreements.
• Current working knowledge of Minor work guidelines and labor laws.
• Extensive production contacts
• Self-starter, takes initiative, works independently.
• Direct and purposeful in all verbal and non-verbal communication.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Approaches problems or roadblocks as opportunities for learning and creative thinking.
• Patient, flexible, ready to adapt to change.
• Strong listening skills.
• Team player, able to establish and maintain good communication and positive relationships with individuals inside and outside the office.
Job Related Skills
• In-depth understanding of the pre-production, production, and post-production process.
• In-depth, working knowledge of AICP Bid Form and Movie Magic Budgeting software.
• In-depth, working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong management, financial and negotiation skills.
• Strong written and verbal presentation skills
• Ability to source and create opportunities for efficiency in all areas of the production process.
• Ability to facilitate change and innovation while working within a corporate structure.
• Strong leadership and collaboration skills.
• Experience in diverse formats: on-air promotion, commercials, animation, scripted, variety, reality, documentary, digital, social media, music performance, music video.
• Experience in live event and large venue production.
• Experience in post-production and graphics.
Bachelor's degree in media-related field or equivalent work experience.
Continuing education in production or emerging technologies.
• Attend all technical skill-building and training workshops as requested and required.
• Stay current with all relevant industry trends and terminology as they apply to the overall.
• Local, domestic, and some international travel required.
• Night and weekend work necessary if assigned or if projects require.?
• Equal Opportunity Employer-Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.