Director, Current Series, Disney Channels Worldwide
Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Director, Current Series for Disney and Disney Channel will be responsible for creative oversight of all facets of production, such as evaluating and giving notes on scripts and cuts, casting, hair/makeup/wardrobe, as well as post production. Duties also include working closely with all internal Disney /Channel departments (talent, programming, social media, brand management, and marketing) to keep everyone apprised of each series. This person will liaison with agents, managers, and the creative community to identify potential showrunners, writers and directors for every project.
Work closely with VP of department and supervise every aspect from pre-production to post production on current series (including script/cut notes, writing loglines, attending table reads, run-throughs, and on-set oversight of physical production).
• Develop strong relationships and work very closely with executive producers to deliver the highest quality content for the Disney platforms
• Oversee ongoing episodic casting while working closely with our internal talent department
• Utilize existing and newly developed relationships with agents, managers and the creative community to recruit the best writers/producers and directors for our series.
• Track competitive development/programming, kids' trends, interests, values and pop culture.
• Prepare internal moving forward documents as needed in preparation for each series' greenlight and subsequent season pickups
• Attend focus groups as needed
• A minimum of 5 years working in live action multi-camera and single camera comedy series
• Excellent ability and knowledge of effectively articulating story and character structure and development with showrunners a must
• Entertainment industry contacts with agents, managers, executives, writers, directors required.
• Knowledge of kids' audience and values a plus
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of work experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with It's a Laugh Productions, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
It's a Laugh Productions is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.