Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Production (Disney Channels)
As a key member of the Short Form Production team, the Coordinator will assist and support the Executive Director and other team members in the pre-production, production and post for Short Form, Marketing, Digital, and Social content for Disney-ABC Cable Networks Group platforms (Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior, Radio Disney, Partnership Marketing, Disney ABC Integrated Marketing). The Coordinator will actively contribute to the production process to achieve creative expectations and deliver high-quality/innovative projects on time and on budget.
• Supervise and manage small-scale shoots in studio and on location as assigned
• Review, negotiate and manage budgets submitted by Production Companies
• Manage and align production schedules to meet internal content delivery deadlines
• Ensure all departmental and company policies, standards, and protocols are upheld throughout the production process
• Actively seek out, identify, and vet new Production Companies, Production Vendors, Locations, Stages, and Post-Production facilities
• Stay current on new developments in technology to add value to the overall quality and efficiency of productions
• Monitor rates for crew, vendors, and facilities to provide continuity and parity between projects
• Maintain knowledge of overall Company, individual networks, and partner objectives
• Organize and maintain team share folders and resources
• Obtain and manage minor paperwork and processing
• Obtain and manage internal payroll paperwork and processing
• Follow all relevant departmental policies and procedures on an on-going basis
• Maintain all relevant legal and financial administrative responsibilities as they pertain to production projects
• Create and maintain team calendars and assignment grid for multiple grids
Liability, Risk/Legal Issues:
• Assist in identifying and meeting Rights and Clearances of crew members, performers, locations, music, stock footage, and other production materials
• Assist with compliance with insurance requirements for new vendors
• Help assure compliance with Guild, Union, Labor, and Minor requirements
• Draft and Submit Contract Requests and Talent Requests as assigned and requested
• Create and manage small scale budgets and ensure the proper charge code is applied
• Help monitor and track actual costs on assigned projects
• Assist Directors and Managers in ensuring production plans are aligned with proposed production creative, schedules, and budgets, and flag potential overages
• Support Directors and Managers by managing assigned areas within larger budgets
• Creative and Project Teams
• Series Production
• Talent Relations
• Post Scheduling
• Tech and Facilities Operations
• Minimum 5 years' experience in Television Production as a Production Manager or Coordinator in short form or long form production, on location, in studio, and in office, for Television Commercial, On-Air Promotion, Advertising Agency, Music Video or Production Company
• Experience in diverse formats: music video, live events, scripted, variety, reality, documentary, interstitials
• Extensive experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Working knowledge of AICP and Movie Magic Budget templates
• Experience in working with minors, and a basic understanding of minor labor laws
• Experience working on Union and Non-Union shoots
• Strong production crew and vendor resources
• Self-starter, takes initiative, works independently
• Direct and purposeful in all verbal and non-verbal communication
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Approaches problems or roadblocks as opportunities for learning and creative thinking
• Patient, flexible, ready to adapt to change
• Strong listening skills
• Team player, able to establish and maintain good communication and positive relationships with individuals inside and outside the office
Job Related Skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Attend all technical skill-building and training workshops as requested and required
• Stay current with all relevant industry trends and terminology as they apply to the overall position
• Local travel required; night and weekend work necessary if assigned or if projects/duties require. To expedite consideration, we highly recommend that you BOTH upload your resume AND copy and paste the text when creating your candidate profile.
• Bachelor's Degree in media related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Ongoing education in production and emerging technologies.
About Disney Channel:
Disney Channel creates content that captures the imaginations of kids and adults of all ages. Our talented professionals harness passion and creativity to tell stories that are loved by millions around the globe. From both classic and cutting-edge animation to blockbuster movies and live-action comedy series, Disney Channel delivers across multiple platforms wherever our audience lives. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Channel.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.