VP - Marketing ABC Studios
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
ABC Studios seeks a strategic and creative studio marketing professional responsible for studio programming brand management throughout the series lifecycles, as well as the studio's brand vision. The role with interface with internal and external stakeholders, external agencies, internal production entities, 3rd party producers, broadcast, streaming and EST partners and the ABC sales teams. Elevate and position the ABC Studios brands to distribution partner marketing and public relation leadership teams across multiple platforms that result in maximum promotional opportunities. Brand manage ABCS IP establishing concrete creative and process guidelines that maintain quality and brand equity and show move along value chain as content is licensed across North America to partners and broadcasters across the US, Canada, and international territories. This role will suit an experienced, creative a studio marketing executive with a significant track record in working from the studio side with distribution partners, whether they be broadcasters, streamers, or EST platforms. The role will require significant creative agility, exemplary communication skills with the ability to innovate and build a new and successful role serving as a key touchpoint for various cross-lines of business teams. In depth knowledge of US studio, broadcast and cable landscape and key contacts across studios, networks, digital and emerging content platforms are essential.
The role will work with internal stakeholders, external agencies, our internal production entities, 3rd party producers, broadcast, streaming and EST partners and the ABCS sales teams. The role will establish a collaborative relationship with effective communication and sharing of ideas across marketing and publicity teams in US Canada and EMEA plus all relevant stakeholders. Implementing the in-house marketing strategy function based in Burbank.
• Interface with distribution partners to help support marketing campaigns. Strategize ways to share and leverage assets and tactics. Originate marketing materials as needed.
• Socialize network/partner marketing plans to key studio executives.
• Communicate series information to network/partner marketing teams.
• Aid the studio in attracting and retaining key talent. Act as a liaison/partner between content creators and distributors.
• Advance global brand presence and help tailor assets to international requirements which differ from domestic needs.
• Support global sales events such as MIPCOM.
• Develop strategies and materials to drive sales and increase revenue.
• Manage ABC Studios social footprint.
• Manage home entertainment, SVOD, and EST relationships.
• Previous experience in major television studio preferred
• Previous experience with franchising IP from the studio side.
• Ability to manage projects from development through to completion
• Must have a proven track record in creating and managing B2b marketing campaigns and materials and understanding of the studio value chain from syndication and electronic sell though to international.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Ability to write and create and deliver high-level presentations
• Experience in developing and implementing digital marketing campaigns
• Knowledge and experience of integrating social media into b2b marketing initiatives
• Strong leadership and proven project management skills
• Effective Influencing skills and at the highest level and exceptional communicator displaying exemplary written and verbal skills
• Proactive, positive personality
• Great communicator
• Ability to multi-task
• Great organization skills
• Innovative and resourceful
• Strong vision and POV
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.