VP, ABC Entertainment & Studios Finance & Business Planning
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The VP, ABC Entertainment and Studios Finance & Business Planning is a dual report into the SVP, Disney ABC TV Finance & Business Planning and the ABC Network and ABC Studio Presidents. This role is the lead business partner to the Presidents providing support for all financial and business strategy components for the respective business units. This leader will collaborate with the business unit Presidents and their teams to develop and successfully implement innovative business unit specific strategies that foster growth for the business unit and Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG). The role will lead a team to drive the long range planning process (LRP), annual operating plan process (AOP), and all business planning, forecasting and reporting efforts.
The VP will lead a finance & strategy team of 20 employees and will have five direct reports including leads for ABC Entertainment, ABC Studios, Participations, Residuals and Strategy.
• A key member of the DATG CFO's leadership team that ensures a long-term focus on building and maintaining cohesion and delivering on a shared DATG mission
• A key member of the SVP, Finance & Business Planning's leadership team that supports creating an innovative culture where cutting edge ideas, expansion, growth and change are expected, recognized and rewarded
• A key member of the ABC Entertainment and ABC Studios senior management teams, functioning as a finance partner to the business unit to provide timely input and advice on all key operational and strategic matters
• Deliver on a shared mission, inclusive of business unit, segment and enterprise priorities, by leveraging common COEs and functions
• Exhibit a strong and influential business partnership role with the ABC Network and ABC Studio Presidents, their leadership teams, finance leadership and others within DATG and TWDC
• Build a strong team that supports the finance and strategy components of ABC Network and ABC Studios
• Develop and leverage financial and business reporting systems to provide business unit leadership with relevant and timely information to make informed business decisions
• Support a holistic look at revenue optimization across the segment and develop tradeoff analysis and scenario planning
• Identify financial opportunities and risks to the forecast during the fiscal year, and provide risk mitigation strategies to achieve AOP targets
• Leverage insights from various systems and cross-DATG business insights to help the Network/Studios Presidents develop the right business strategies that best positions the business unit and DATG overall for growth
• Manage all budgeting, forecasting and cost-benefit analysis, cash flow processes for the business unit
• Gather and provide data and leading analysis to assess business strengths and weaknesses, identify/evaluate opportunities and achieve short and long term strategic goals
• Monitor industry trends and interpret the potential implications for the business
• Collaborate with various senior leader stakeholders across DATG
• Strong preference for previous leadership experience, and knowledge of best practices within, Television network and production
• Demonstrated track record leading a dynamic, diverse and results driven team
• Ability to use compelling arguments to influence and gain the support and commitment of others, especially in leading change efforts
• Strong strategic mindset with the ability to see ahead to future possibilities and translate them into breakthrough strategies
• Creates new and better ways for the business unit and organization to be successful
• Ability to take a broad/global view when addressing issues without being constrained by existing norms or business models
• Expert communication that conveys a clear understanding of unique needs of different audiences
• Strong leadership capability with a proven ability to collaborate, build consensus and navigate complex environments in service of meeting shared objectives
• Consistently achieves results even under difficult circumstances
• Strong leader and effective manager, who leads by example and will mentor and develop a team to meet high profile and dynamic objectives
• Ability to make timely and quality decisions that keep the organization moving forward, even with high levels of ambiguity
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
• MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.