VP - Business Operations & Insights
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/26/2018 8:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for VP - Business Operations & Insights jobs in New York-NY
Search all VP - Business Operations & Insights postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a VP - Business Operations & Insights? VP - Business Operations & Insights (ABC News)
Would you like to reinvent journalism? Do you want to influence stories and products seen by hundreds of millions of people around the world, and transform a newsroom operation by finding actionable insights in obscenely large data sets? Or have an idea for the next big ''thing'' in media?
As the Vice President of Business Operations & Insights, you'll oversee operations, analytics, and business development for everything we do that's ''not on television'' (previously referred to as Digital). Help us work smarter and faster by modernizing workflows and improving systems. Find actionable insights in large data sets for editorial and product, then see those actions through to completion. Drive growth by sourcing new revenue opportunities and managing partnerships across the entire brand portfolio (ABC News, Good Morning America, FiveThirtyEight).
As an executive, you will help each team track its progress and get better each day. Join us!
About YouYou will join an innovative and growing team that you will help scale and operate. The newsroom is a fast-paced environment, so be ready to live in a world where each day is radically different. On any one day you might:
• Ensure efficiency in day-to-day business or editorial operations
• Track progress against quarterly goals to help executive leadership hold teams accountable
• Modernize workflows and systems by evaluating existing processes and implementing alternatives, some of which may require vetting outside vendors and technologies
• Help guide the overall vision and execution of ABC News's monetization strategy off TV
• Manage the entire suite of analytics reports that feed actionable data to editorial and product teams
• Collaborate with world-renowned journalists on new editorial projects and franchises
• Ensure that data is kept current in all internal databases and lists (e.g. SAP, DLs)
• Own a cost:benefit analysis of resourcing against income generation
• Utilize data to identify areas of improvement that feed into topline KPIs
Please apply if you have:
• 15 years of experience working in media, and a majority of that experience in an operational capacity for a digital media publisher or major media platform
• Direct management of at least 10 employees
• Expertise with all digital analytics tools, KPIs, and content distribution strategies
• Business development or banking background, with experience managing a deals pipeline from lead to execution
• Executive-level presentation and communication skills
• Deep passion for creative forms of storytelling and the future of news media
• A collaborative, no-drama working style, with a focus on action and results
You have a BA or BS from a four year accredited college or university.
Additionally, it is preferred that you hold an MBA.
This role currently reports to the SVP of Content & Partnerships
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.