Vice President - Marketing
Disney ABC Television GroupGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Vice President - Marketing (KABC-TV)
ABC7 is seeking a strategic creative executive who understands how a media brand interacts with audiences anywhere and anytime. Reporting to the President and General Manager of KABC-TV, this executive will manage the station's brand on all platforms and produce brand appropriate original content. This position requires expertise in data-focused, audience-based brand development and design, content creation and social media marketing, as well as experience in social listening, sales promotions and influencer marketing.
• Manage the ABC7 brand on all platforms (on-air, online, mobile, etc.) through the development and execution of innovative creative and marketing campaigns.
• Leverage research and real time data analytics to launch timely social media campaigns that grow audience engagement with and emotional connection to the ABC7 brand, content and talent.
• Oversee the creative development and production of live event, original series and select short-form programming.
• Manage the station's off-channel media budget and media buying agency.
• Grow the brand identity and relevance of ABC7 by developing and creating original, emotionally-impactful content and touch points for our audiences.
• A demonstrated track record of managing the creative expression of a media brand on and off-air.
• Experience with, or deep understanding of, brand management across digital platforms (online, mobile, etc.), including social media.
• A strong understanding of how to use research and data analytics tools to drive audience engagement and media buying on all platforms.
• Experience supervising the development and production of live event and series programming.
• Excellent management skills and an ability to inspire a creative, positive, supportive and encouraging work environment.
• Experience working in the marketing and/or programming department at a local broadcast station.
• Experience producing original content that integrates sponsors and advertisers.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Holding Company, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Holding Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.