Vice President - Creative Development, Signature Studios
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
ABC Signature Studios is a division of ABC Studios spearheading development and production in all cable and streaming platforms. The artist-driven arm provides a year-round destination for development and production across the cable and streaming landscape. Signature recently received a straight-to-series order from EPIX for ''Godfather of Harlem,'' created by Chris Brancato and Paul Eckstein, with Forest Whitaker set to star and produce. Signature and Hello Sunshine received a straight-to-series order from Hulu for the event limited series, ''Little Fires Everywhere,'' with Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington attached to star and produce. The project is based on the New York Times best-selling novel by Celeste Ng, who will also produce. Signature's new series include ''Marvel's Cloak & Dagger,'' a co-production with Marvel Television on Freeform, as well as Amblin TV and ABC Signature's ''All About the Washingtons,'' which is currently in post-production for Netflix. These projects join a robust slate of returning series such as their critically-acclaimed comedy ''SMILF'' for Showtime; ''black-ish'' spinoff, ''grown-ish,'' for Freeform; and ''Marvel's Runaways'' for Hulu, a co-production with Marvel Television.
ABC Signature Studios seeks a VP, CREATIVE. This role will work closely with the division head managing an extensive slate of projects in all capacities. Given the rolling nature of cable development production, the division is open year round to develop, pitch, produce and package their slate. To this end, Signature boasts a high volume of projects in creative development in both drama and comedy for basic, pay cable, and streaming platforms. Current slate includes productions at Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, Showtime, Epix, USA, Freeform, along with the Disney DTC.
• Work closely with the division head to implement creative development strategy in all capacities
• Work closely with Signature BA and production teams on deal strategy and production matters
• Track, solicit, evaluate, procure, develop and oversee the production of programming
• Proactively manage the focus and the performance of studio-assigned production pods and writer deals as Signature provides their destination in basic, pay cable, and streaming platforms.
• Run point on various projects including development and production duties such as pitch development, drafting script notes and on-set production duties.
• Identify creators and show runners of tomorrow and actively pursue high level talent business for the division
• Identify IP (including books and formats) for the division to option and develop.
• 5 or more years of overall work experience in media and entertainment; television experience required (studio, cable or production development in television entertainment)
• Track record developing commercially successful and/or critically-acclaimed television
• Demonstrable writing skills and excellent knowledge of script and story structure
• Superior ability to lead meetings, present and communicate effectively
• Strong relationships within the creative community (agents, writers, producers, etc.) and senior executives
• A self-starter with an entrepreneurial approach; assertive, enthusiastic and highly motivated
• A team player who works well with others
Studio, cable, production and current experience is a plus
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.