Vice President - Business Affairs
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Vice President - Business Affairs (ABC Studios)
ABC STUDIOS, A GLOBAL LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION OF ENTERTAINMENT CONTENT, SEEKS AN EXECUTIVE TO JOIN ITS BUSINESS AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT AS A VICE-PRESIDENT.
ABC Studios is a global leader in the development, production and distribution of entertainment content across broadcast, cable and streaming platforms. The studio is the primary content provider for ABC Entertainment, producing hit series for the network, including ''American Housewife,'' ''black-ish,'' ''For The People,'' ''Grey's Anatomy,'' ''How to Get Away with Murder'' and ''Station 19''; co-productions ''The Good Doctor,'' ''Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'' and ''Speechless''; and late-night talk show ''Jimmy Kimmel Live!,'' along with ''Criminal Minds'' for CBS. For the 2018-19 season, ABC Studios is producing the new dramas ''The Fix'' and ''Grand Hotel,'' as well as the new comedy ''The Kids Are Alright,'' along with co-productions ''A Million Little Things,'' ''The Rookie,'' ''Schooled,'' ''Single Parents'' and ''Whiskey Cavalier'' for ABC. Under the ABC Studios umbrella is also ABC Signature Studios, a dedicated division spearheading development and production in premium and basic cable, as well as streaming platforms. ABC Signature Studios' returning and upcoming series include ''Godfather of Harlem'' for EPIX; event limited series ''Little Fires Everywhere'' and ''Marvel's Runaways'' for Hulu; ''Besties,'' ''grown-ish'' and ''Marvel's Cloak & Dagger'' for Freeform; and ''SMILF'' for Showtime. In addition, ABC International Studios oversees global development and production. The studio is currently in production on the second season of the drama series, ''Harrow,'' streaming domestically on Hulu.
• Structuring, negotiating, documenting and managing of the studio's transactions to engage above-the-line talent (writers, producers, directors and actors), acquire underlying rights, and license the studio's content on all broadcast, basic and pay cable, and on-demand platforms.
• Interfacing with the distribution arms of the Walt Disney Company in connection with the exploitation of studio content to ensure optimal windowing of studio content globally.
• Maintaining budgetary oversight of productions in partnership with Production and Finance executives to ensure that the creative vision for productions is accomplished within appropriate legal, financial and business guidelines.
• Minimum of 10 years' experience as a business affairs executive handling scripted programming for a major US television studio, or US television network/platform.
• Must possess an ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment and have a commitment to learning and excellence.
• Superior analytical and writing skills and ability, together with strong business and financial acumen.
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail.
• Proven track record as a skilled negotiator and deal-maker.
• Exceptional inter-personal communication skills.
• Demonstrated track record of holding to the highest degree of honesty and integrity.
• CA bar membership
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.