Supervisor, Systems Engineering
Disney ABC Television GroupGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt's passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world-a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from: animation, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences - and we're constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Part of the Disney ABC Television Group, Disney Television Animation is a high capacity digital animation television production studio. Because of Disney Television Animation's strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software is critical to its production operations and workflows.
The Supervisor of Systems Engineering (SSE) position is responsible for the daily operational management of the production Data Center, all back of house systems and the Systems Engineering and DevOps staff. The SSE is responsible for:
• Data server hardware and software inventories.
• Render farm systems.
• Video server hardware.
• Data Center maintenance, testing space management, cooling and power.
• UPS maintenance and operations.
• Power Generator operation, monitoring, testing and maintenance.
• Back of house system standards and configurations.
• Application hosting and system monitoring.
• Data Backups, retention policies and restoral functions.
• Management of our offsite, co-lo data center installation.
• Execution of system maintenance procedures.
• Supervising the System Engineering and DevOps staff.
• Reporting on a number of metrics to ensure compliances, support strategic planning efforts and operational excellence.
Additionally the Supervisor of Systems Engineering:
• Physical and Virtual system strategies for supporting production systems.
• The support of Windows, Linux and Mac OS based physical and virtual production systems running a suite of critical production applications.
• A high volume of system tasks, misc. to-do's and project implementations
• The tracking of various production software and hardware such as: applications, systems, plug-ins, render tools, servers and scripts.
• The tracking of various production hardware maintenance agreements
• Pipeline support for delivering our final image mastering of TVA products using high definition Video appliances.
• Assists in defining the technology standard processes used for the digital animation pipeline: from the creation of animation elements digitally in pre-production, the exchange of our digital assets between our subcontracting partners securely during production to working with final rendered frames in digital and post production.
• Assists with problem resolution related to all Corporate I.T. administered systems used by TV Animation: SAP, Email and remote access services.
• 5 years of supervisory experience in a similar technology environment.
• 5 years of experience with advanced troubleshooting and configurations of Linux, UNIX, Apple OSX and Microsoft Windows based systems in networked environment.
• 5 years of experience working with creativity / graphic applications and hardware including: The entire Adobe suite, miscellaneous graphic utilities and wacom tablets.
• 5 years of experience working with network administration utilities.
• Must be well organized and thorough.
• Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally
• Ability to identify trends in customer support issues and work with engineers to build long-term solutions.
• Ability to work in a fast pace, production critical team environment
• Must have a strong customer service orientation and have the ability to work with a diverse user community.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.