Summer Intern - World News Tonight Production
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
World News Tonight with David Muir is the news division's flagship broadcast. With unparalleled reporting, World News Tonight provides the latest information and analysis of major events from around the country and the world. Anchored by David Muir, the broadcast draws upon an award-winning team of correspondents, producers and off-air reporters.
A day in the life…
• Supporting all aspects of productions
• Conducting video and editorial research
• Logging tape and sourcing and clearing video
• Pitching stories and booking interviews
• Assisting with the administrative duties of the office
What you bring to the role…
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Initiative and strong multi-tasking skills
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines when necessary
• Strong editorial skills
• Writing, editing and shooting experience
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule including weekends and evenings
• Undergraduate students in their junior year, senior year or recent grads
• Previous internship experience in a local or national newsroom
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Journalism or related studies
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
• Must be willing to relocate to the New York City area and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
• Must be available from May/June to August/September
• Must be willing to work 32 hours/week (4 days). The two shifts are Sunday-Wednesday (11-7pm) and Wednesday-Saturday (11-7pm)
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.