Summer Intern - Newsone Sports / News Video Production
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
NewsOne is the affiliate news service of ABC News. NewsOne provides complete, round-the-clock coverage of news and sports events to ABC owned and affiliate stations, domestic programs, and news organizations, foreign clients and partners as well as ABC News programs.
A day in the life…
You will be supporting both the sports and news departments at NewsOne.
• Helping to distribute and share video of interesting sports stories on a local, regional and national level and share this video throughout ABC News, our affiliates and ESPN.
• Editing sports news of day, including excerpts of sports press conferences, file video, and highlights.
• Logging or transcribing sports-related press conferences and interviews.
• Maintaining our digital sports archive, the only immediate, instant access to sports files for ABC News
NewsOne Main Rim-
• Learning all aspects of production
• Assisting with video requests
• Authoring advisories and alerts
• Interfacing with affiliates and clients
• Processing video requests
• Cutting VOSOTs, debriefs and digital daily packages
• Editing using Avid non-linear editing system
• Assisting NewsOne correspondents and guests on NewsOne flashcamera, and assisting production associates and associate producers on local shoots.
What you bring to the role…
• Pursuing a degree and coursework in Broadcast Journalism or TV production
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Basic digital editing skills (AVID preferred)
• A sports fan with high interest in sports news (For Sports Desk)
• Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year or recent graduates
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• An interest in politics
• Experience operating a DV Camera
• Experience using AVID digital editing system
• Experience working for college sports/news TV station or a prior internship in news/sports
• All candidates must possess unrestricted work authorization
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old
• All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship
• All candidates must be available from May/June to August/September
• All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week, including possible nights and weekends
• All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.