Sr Manager, HR Business Partner
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
In this role, the Senior Manager, HR Business Partner will contribute to and lead the execution of human resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of Ad Sales within our Direct to Consumer & International segment. The Senior Manager will lead and facilitate all HR programs and strategies in support of the client group through collaboration with the clients, HR specialty groups and other HR business partners. He or she will serve as an expert consultant to business leaders on all talent matters, including organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, change management, organizational design and learning opportunities
• Establishes and maintains an intimate understanding of the client organizations and the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization.
• Proactively assesses business and organizational performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative, ''influence without authority'' approach.
• Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
• Plans and leads organization design projects to streamline and implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands.
• Assesses organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives.
• Coaches business leaders on key organizational and management issues.
• Plans and facilitates work sessions to develop business strategies (i.e. vision, mission, value, objectives) that help support organizational focus, efficiency, speed, and business results.
• Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent movement and retention, leveraging rigorous workforce analytics and insights.
• Collaborates with recruitment, with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining top talent and on building pipeline for future needs.
• Uses understanding of individual and organizational dynamics to facilitate talent movement into and throughout the organization.
• Develops thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention.
• Assesses employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill sets.
• 10 years of progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic environment, with specific experience in strategy development, organizational design, talent management and change management. Experience working with senior executives in an ''influence-without-authority'' role.
• Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place.
• Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought-partner (builds relationships, delivers results).
• Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business partnering skills with employee advocacy.
• Possesses both critical thinking capability and hands-on HR business plan implementation experience.
• Relevant industry experience in the digital media and content space (preferably within a cutting edge, highly innovative environment)
• Global experience
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
• MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.