Spring Intern - Rights and Clearances, ABC News
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Rights and Clearances intern will support the department's team with various projects related to the licensing of third party content for ABC News programs and the distribution of ABC News content to its partners and clients.
A day in the life…
• Reviewing Rights & Clearances files and agreements to determine rights information
• Following up with production staff for show rights information
• Under the guidance of department management, drafting media guidelines and handling various
• Updating Rights & Clearances records
• Conducting copyright research
What you bring to the role…
• A basic understanding of copyright and contract law as well as the television and new media
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Demonstrated interest (academic or internship) in the legal field
• Demonstrated interest (academic or internship) in television or new media field
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Basic understanding of copyright, licensing and contract law
• Previous experience (academic or internship) in television, news or new media production
• Basic administrative capability
• Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year, recent graduate or JD in their 1L year
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
• Must be able to work in the New York City office and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
• Must be available from January to April/May
• Must be willing to work a minimum of 30 hours/week
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.