Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Producer (Nightline)
Are you ready to lead one of the most decorated late-night news programs in the world? Producers at Nightline focus on what matters most – delivering breaking news, relevant interviews and incisive investigative reports.
The Nightline production team collaborates and communicates to create a successful nightly news program. Our multitude of awards come from covering all types of stories, genres, and doing it better than anyone else.
You'd lead a dynamic, tight-knit team that works together to bring important news and impactful stories to audiences in an interesting, intelligent way.
Every single day as a Senior Producer is different! On any one day you might:
• Develop magazine-length stories that will keep viewers engaged throughout;
• Block story slots for the next day, assigning producers and staff;
• Consult with Legal on your story's direction;
• Travel to where the story is, overseeing your team as you go;
• Mentor your junior producers to grow their skills and
• Create a schedule that maximizes work flow and minimizes swirl;
• Collaborate with other network shows for a joint project or special feature;
• Brainstorm different story angles and ways to increase social media presence; and
• Attend a team bowling night or a screening of a Disney movie or ABC show!
Please apply if you have:
• 10 years of broadcast journalism experience;
• The energy to juggle both show production and staff management;
• Insatiable curiosity - you just have to dig deeper to find the truth;
• Mastered running the control room and line producing;
• Strong editorial judgement;
• Tenacity to pitch the stories you believe in; and
• Experience performing well under pressure - - think breaking news-type situations.
It would also be nice if you are:
• A natural leader - you can inspire teams to bring their ''A'' game;
• A pro at social media and other digital tools; and
• Motivated: You're the person who can tackle any task – and wants to.
You have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
We're a seasoned, tight crew who collaborate to make sure that all of the pieces are in place for a successful news show, night after night. We are known for creating impactful, thought-provoking stories in a range of genres and subjects.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.