Senior Manager - Social Media
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ABC News is hiring a Senior Manager-Social Media.
The Senior Manager-Social Media is responsible for making editorial decisions for the core ABC NEWS social media accounts. This individual manages the social media team assigning stories and other work around the day to day reporting on ABC News social accounts. The Senior Manager-Social Media is also responsible for collaborating with shows and other ABC News digital teams during breaking news and coverage plans for events. This person will build upon and implement inventive social strategies with the goal of growing ABC News audiences across all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc). The Senior Manager-Social Media reports to the Director of Publishing Strategy and will be expected to utilize data to manage the social distribution strategy across ABC News.
Qualified candidates should be able to demonstrate their ability to utilize develop strategies for optimized media and consumption plans across social networks.
• Lead ABC News'social media strategy to drive engagement, audience growth and conversion across all social arms for the news division's flagship accounts
• Manage the social media team for core ABC News social accounts
• Foster social network relationships to test new features, improve performance, and grow audiences
• Responsible for making editorial decisions around daily and long term coverage plans
• Guide the voice of ABC News on social media
• Lead social distribution strategy across the ABC News organization
• Manage and execute on strategies to hit quarterly growth targets
• Identify and make business cases for new social opportunities
• Minimum (6) six years of professional experience working in news producing content, with (3) three years managing social media accounts utilizing data to make editorial decisions and distribution strategies
• Must provide examples of developing and executing on social media strategies to grow audiences and deliver on engagement metrics
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
• Must demonstrate past experience testing new features within social platforms
• Seven(7) or more years of experience producing digital content at a network or in a top ten news market with (4) four years managing social media accounts utilizing data to make editorial decisions and distribution strategies
BA or BS from a four-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.