Senior Manager, Marketing
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, Marketing - ABC News
ABC News is hiring a Senior Manager, Marketing. This individual will report to the Director of Marketing and Multi-platform Growth and will support a growing Marketing department in the planning and execution of multi-faceted marketing initiatives and campaigns across consumer, trade, B2B and corporate - to market tune-in of all shows, drive KPIs for all digital streaming products and platforms, and elevate the brand to a higher level, more prestigious level than ever before. Candidate will be a self-starter with a high productivity level and a strong passion to over-deliver on all priorities.
• Actively manage development and execution of all paid, owned, and earned marketing campaigns across linear, digital, mobile, social and emerging platforms with a focus on driving viewership and conversion
• Interface with media planning agencies and creative teams to ensure highest quality of campaign execution and all assets are trafficked and delivered against aggressive deadlines and very fluid programming schedules.
• Provide strategic and creative thinking to maximize reach and drive tune-in for ABC News Specials and shows – extending shelf life beyond the linear network
• Identify new opportunities and areas of growth in evolving business model and provide full strategy and execution plans
• Partner with publicity teams to ensure proper strategic planning against all ABC News priorities
• Proactively help prioritize projects and campaigns with great attention to resources and long-term planning and output
• Be a brand ambassador for ABC News in every sense - protecting the brand, our talent, IP, and platforms
• Foster strong relationships within ABC News and across The Walt Disney Company to identify Synergy opportunities and execute added value promotions
Digital Product/Platform Marketing
• Act as Digital Product Marketing liaison in working with Affiliate Sales & Digital Distribution partners (Apple, Roku, Hulu) to build large-scaled continuity programs that align with ABC News goals & KPIs
• Work with Digital Editorial/Product teams to create robust promotions for Original Programming, Product launches/enhancements, cross-platform Special Events, and key tentpoles
• Collaborate with Social teams on an integrated level to develop effective marketing communication strategies to reach KPIs
• Monitor platform performance and craft defined strategies to avoid missed opportunities to drive traffic and viewership and creatively solve problems
• Develop, implement and execute acquisition and retention strategies for products with a clear understanding of the performance indicators and marketing attribution
• Build creative briefs and strategy briefs, Affiliate and Partnership pitches, and marketing decks (pre- and post-mortem)
Analytics & Reporting
• Analyze campaign performance and generate reports with a focus on optimization and efficiency
• Maintain an ongoing partnership with Audience Development to identify consumption trends across all digital platforms (ie. web, social, mobile, OTT, etc) and report back to management on an ongoing basis
• Work with Research teams (internal and external) to pull insights for all ABC News shows to better inform Marketing decisions both on-air and off-air
• Build and implement campaign performance parameters including tracking codes/links with a keen focus on optimization
• Program and flight backfill inventory across all sites via Freewheel
• Manage budget invoicing and monthly reconciliations and accruals
• Build and maintain Marketing planning tools and distribute custom planning tools company-wide
• Identify new tools and resources to streamline workflows and make operational efficiencies for the marketing promotions
• Lead planning and execution of any marketing events and premium inventory fulfillment and management
• Minimum 7 years of experience at an agency or media company in a marketing role
• Must have demonstrated experience executing media plans and linear tune in campaigns that successfully drive ratings
• Must be willing to work evening and weekend hours
• Highly analytical mindset with a deep understanding of acquisition funnel, revenue generation, and profit loss
• Exposure to B2B marketing with strong partner management skills
• Two or more years experience at a television network or digital streaming product
• Experience working with a general streaming service or livestreaming /VOD platform
• Degree from a four year accredited college or university
• Marketing concentration or related field preferred
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.