Senior Financial Analyst
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Disney / ABC Television Group (DATG) is one of today's premier media entertainment companies, combining high-quality content with strategic use of technology to deliver compelling news and entertainment viewing experiences to hundreds of millions of people around the world.
DATG Finance is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) of Cable Revenue Planning. The SFA will join a team that is responsible for providing financial reporting and analysis and strategic support for DATG Sales. The analyst will be responsible for core finance processes for DATG Sales, Finance and Controllership and is a key player on the Finance team. This role provides a unique opportunity to gain a solid understanding of the Disney/ABC TV Group ad sales through daily interaction with Pricing, Sales, Research, Planning and Finance. This position will report to the Manager, Cable Revenue Planning.
Financial Planning and Reporting
• Prepare weekly stewardship analysis for Freeform and Disney Channels
• Perform linear and digital revenue analysis and prepare variance analysis and reporting for Forecasts, Quarterly Closes, Annual Operating Plans and Long Range Plans
• Develop and maintain planning models, reporting tools and dashboards to analyze revenue trends
• Evaluate program revenue
• Consolidate and report Syndication revenue
• Reconcile revenue to source systems
• Collaborate to improve depth of existing reporting to provide better analytical tools for Finance and Sales teams
Business Planning & Decision Support
• Support Finance leaders with scenario modeling and ad hoc analysis as needed
• Assess and communicate sales risks and opportunities to Finance and Sales Leadership
• Coordinate with internal partners to support Finance and Sales efforts
• Provide finance expertise to technology projects
• Support continuous improvement in processes and workflows
• Minimum of 3 years of related experience, preferably in a media environment
• Strong working knowledge of financial planning and accounting
• Strong analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
• Proven ability to build relationships and interact with all levels of management
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Advanced Excel skills including financial modeling experience and PowerPoint proficiency
• Be detailed-oriented, self-motivated and flexible
• Be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision on day-to-day tasks and analyses
• Demonstrate professional excellence, integrity and dependability
• Be intellectually curious and able to diplomatically challenge the status quo
• Be able to present and discuss work and results within and beyond finance, including the development of appropriate schedules and presentation materials
• Be able to multi-task and work well with others in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
• SAP and Cognos/TM1 knowledge preferred
• Knowledge of Media Math is a plus
• Bachelor's Degree – Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.