Senior Financial Analyst
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The DATG Finance and Planning team manages the overall consolidated financial reporting for the DATG. In addition, the Planning team provides financial support to DATG's shared services, which includes Digital Media, Broadcast Operations and Engineering and IT. We are dedicated to providing high quality information and service to our business partners. We support their decision-making process while earning their confidence and respect by efficiently providing and maintaining accurate and timely financial data.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst that will play a key role within the Finance & Planning team. This role will support the DATG Technology & Operations team which includes Broadcast & Distribution Operations, Data, Engineering & Media IT and will work closely with each of these teams to manage operating & capital budgets. Through partnerships with key stakeholders your work will include: performing financial analyses and decision support, improving financial models, ensuring timely preparation of forecasts/plans, providing cause of change explanations, and effectively communicating any issues or changes. By providing high-quality, accurate analytics and thoughtful, data-driven insights, the Senior Financial Analyst plays an integral role in supporting the short-term and long-term financial success of this business. You will be provided an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to act as a change agent by improving and building upon existing planning tools.
• Contribute to the preparation and analysis of the Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Plan, and quarterly forecasts including the accompanying management presentations
• Develop, enhance, update and/or maintain financial planning models
• Develop and communicate detailed reports and dashboards for senior leadership, consisting of overhead expense trend metrics, cause of change analysis, and financial summaries for management
• Collaborates with key stakeholders, accounting and internal finance team members to improve the effectiveness of the financial planning & close process, assumptions, and results.
• Work closely with accounting to actualize financial planning models after quarter close
• Prepare ad-hoc reports and presentations for various internal stakeholders; work on special projects
• Experience with SAP and COGNOS
• Passion for and interest in the media technology industry
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Robust analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
• Strong technical proficiency with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
• Able to maintain both a rigorous attention to detail and a big-picture, strategic mindset
• Proactive and creative in approaching problems and presenting financial data
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with 2 years of relevant work experience
• MBA or CPA
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, FreeForm, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company's equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group's portfolio of media businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability