Senior Financial Analyst - Sales Overhead
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Disney / ABC Television Group (DATG) is one of today's premier media entertainment companies, combining high-quality content with strategic use of technology to deliver compelling news and entertainment viewing experiences to hundreds of millions of people around the world.
DATG is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) of Sales Overhead Planning. The SFA will coordinate with internal partners to help deliver on the strategic, financial and operational goals of the business. Reporting to the Manager of Sales Overhead Planning, this individual will be responsible for financial planning and reporting for Sales departmental overhead, Client Events, Technology Initiatives, Integrated Marketing and Production. The role will include a unique blend of strategic thinking, analysis and solution-oriented project management.
Financial Planning and Reporting
• In coordination with DATG Sales, deliver streamlined reporting packages and detailed variance analysis for Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Long Range Plan (LRP), forecasts, quarter closes and other analyses as required to Planning, Controllership, Corporate and Business Unit Finance teams
• Contribute to Cognos Planning and Reporting initiatives to ensure requirements are met
• Support ongoing effort to merge DATG Sales organization utilizing Cognos tools, data and reporting standardization, Café reporting, pro formas and adjustments as needed
• Create and maintain planning models for management reporting
• Prepare sales cost allocations to lines of business (LOB) and Disney entities
Business Planning & Decision Support
• Provide analysis on strategic recommendations and business initiatives
• Assist Manager with development of presentations to Executives
• Prepare and maintain schedules and ad hoc analyses for Sales operations: T&E, events, client and audience solutions, capital planning, labor and overhead
• Provide Sales groups with budget and expense processing guidance as needed
• Analyze all aspects of operations, structure, and costs to help identify opportunities with the goal of maximizing operational efficiency
• Support audits and manage SOX compliance for Sales systems
• Minimum 3 years of related experience, preferably in a media environment
• Strong working knowledge of financial planning and accounting
• Strong analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
• Proven ability to build relationships and interact with all levels of management
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Advanced Excel skills including financial modeling experience and PowerPoint proficiency
• SAP and Cognos/TM1 knowledge preferred
• Be detailed-oriented, self-motivated and flexible
• Be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision on day-to-day tasks and analyses
• Demonstrate professional excellence, integrity and dependability
• Be intellectually curious and able to diplomatically challenge the status quo
• Be able to present and discuss work and results within and beyond finance, including the development of appropriate schedules and presentation materials
• Be able to multi-task and work well with others in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
• Bachelor's Degree – Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.