Senior Finance Consultant
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Finance Consultant (Project Hire)
This position will assist in leading the implementation and adoption of new functionality within Disney ABC Television's segment-wide planning application (i.e., Cognos), most notably a solution for calculating and reporting ultimates for television series. Additional responsibilities will include supporting the DATG Finance & Planning team with shared service/segment cost reporting and allocations.
This position reports to the Vice President, Finance and Planning – Disney ABC Television Group.
Responsibilities with respect to segment-wide planning application:
• Manage resource assignment, budget, scheduling, and scope prioritization
• Prepare presentations and regular updates to project and executive leadership team on delivery progress, budget reports, and other reporting as required
• Monitor adherence to schedule and milestone commitments
• Escalate key issues and risks to ensure timely resolution and mitigation
• Assist the Cognos project team in facilitating adoption and change management by establishing better protocol for onboarding, training, communication and feedback
• Review and analyze ultimates for television series and verify information is complete and accurate within the Cognos ultimates solution
• Leading parallel testing of solution for planned transition before end of calendar year
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to validate accuracy and functionality of new solution
• Work with business units to develop reporting, new processes and financial models utilizing functionality of the new solution to allow for and expeditious go-live
• Liaison with, and foster collaboration among, external consultants, internal IT resources, and business unit leads
• Support both internal and external audit requests
• Managing ongoing system upgrades and subsequent phases of existing project workstreams
• Directing ongoing system issue management and maintenance
• Ad-hoc analyses to support Disney ABC Television
with respect to supporting segment costs:
• Provide support for updating allocations for each forecast
• Work with DATG lines of business, finance and accounting teams on special projects related to costs, allocations and optimization
• Support the execution, financial review, consolidation and presentation of departmental forecasts, annual operating plans and long range plan for DATG executives
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
• Project management experience
• Advanced financial modeling skills and analytical skills
• Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously.
• Studio production experience (film or tv) and its related economics & business models (ultimates experience is a plus)
• Advanced financial modeling and analytical skills
• Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize, anticipate change and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to build strong relationships with senior executives and cross-functional teams
• Previous experience in entertainment industry FP&A a plus
• B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
• MBA or CPA preferred
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.