Segment Producer, This Week With George Stephanopoulos
Disney ABC Television GroupWashington, DC
Full Time Job
ABC News is seeking a Segment Producer to join the ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos'' team. This person will be primarily responsible for providing comprehensive research to help our anchors prepare for newsmaker interviews and further our mission of providing in-depth analysis to make sense of this moment in history. The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for politics and a deep knowledge of current events, public affairs and government.
• The primary responsibility of this Segment Producer is to conduct in-depth research based on the news of the week. This includes conducting pre-interviews with guests or guest staff members, providing topical and biographical background information, and suggesting an effective and challenging line of questioning for ''This Week'' anchors.
• This producer is also responsible for producing live production elements and content for ABC News digital platforms.
• This producer may be asked to assist with special events coverage, including election night coverage and debates. Some business travel is possible.
• All members of the ''This Week'' team are expected to proactively pitch week-of and long-term story and guest ideas.
• At least three years of experience in broadcast, print or digital journalism is preferred.
• Must demonstrate strong editorial judgment and an in-depth knowledge of current events.
• Must be able to write text pieces for publication on ABC News digital platforms.
• Must be able to work effectively in fast paced, high pressure situations.
• Must be willing to work weekends.
• Bachelor's degree from accredited college, or equivalent experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.