Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Provide outstanding client service, marketing and operational support to ABC-affiliated stations in the South East region through regular phone and email communication with clients and team members
• Build strong internal Network relationships to ensure complete understanding of ABC's business objectives and distribution goals
• Track and record the clearances for Network programming across all Dayparts in Salesforce for Ratings and Network Sales
• Maximize day-to-day distribution of Network programming and negotiate optimal makegoods in the event of local program preemption
• Draft and send weekly Network update to Programming contacts highlighting ABC priorities
• Provide consistent, thorough and effective outreach to clients to support local tie-in opportunities related to ABC News, Entertainment and ESPN on ABC programming
• Support South East team and department by compiling information to support regional Affiliate renewal preparation
• Occasional travel
• 2-3 years' experience in a television, media or related entertainment environment with understanding of commonly-used terminology, roles and functions
• Experience with and demonstration of strong organizational, presentation, shared database management and record-keeping skills
• Strong interest in the media business, with a particular focus on television and programming to support communication with clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and outstanding professional demeanor
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) in previous work assignments
• Knowledge of TV network and/or TV stations and multiplatform distribution
• Presentation and Marketing/Promotional Experience
• Basic Understanding of local/national ratings measurement
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
ABC Television's Affiliate Relations & Marketing department builds and maintains strong business relationships with ABC-affiliated TV stations and their ownership groups to support market leading performance for ABC Network programming. The team interacts with executives across the Network to support Marketing, Research and Operations goals. The Regional Representative is based in New York and serves as a primary client contact for approximately 72 ABC Affiliates in the South East region. The position is responsible for administering all records for the territory, including those detailing stations' network, local and syndicated programming, as well as tracking and monitoring stations' compliance with their affiliate agreement. A successful candidate can manage multiple priorities and effectively balance support for Network and Local initiatives within the context of our agreements.