Production Associate, News
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Production Associate, ABC News (Project Hire)
ABC NEWS DIGITAL is looking for a Production Associate for production, who will be integral to the operation and growth of production in our creative space, as well in the field at live events and in our control room. This New York-based role will be part of the production team tasked with the creation of audio & video content.
This is a Project position and employment will continue on this Project (at the company's sole discretion), and in no event shall extend past the completion of the Project.
• Generate ideas for new stories, content and formats to engage our audience
• Serve as shooter in the field or in the creative space as needed
• Identify and implement emerging technologies for visual storytelling
• Edit vo's and sot's for use in production
• Line produce segments in the control room with supervision
• Minimum of 1 year experience in video content production, including editing and producing segments. News experience a plus.
• Proficiency in the use of broadcast equipment and technology, experience with inews a plus
• Experience in Adobe Premiere not required, but is a plus
• Must be able to work individually as well as in a team environment
• Willingness to take initiative, manage simultaneous projects and to follow through on all work
• Experience in running productions in a control room and on location
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.