Producer / Editor
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Producer/Editor (ABC News)
ABCNEWS is looking for a Producer/Editor for its new GMA Afternoon program, ''Strahan & Sarah.''
• Duties will focus on but not be limited to the overnight news programs and GMA Production.
• This position requires that the candidate has proven proficiency in News Broadcast editing, demonstrated writing skills, story structure and field acquisition experience.
• The shift is 5am-1pm and subject to change as news requires.
• Minimum 5 years working in Broadcast News
• Candidate must have extensive experience in Avid editing equipment working with complicated sequences and effects and must be able to work under pressure to meet necessary deadlines.
• Experience with third party effects a must; Sapphire, BCC.
• Must be available to work flexible hours and weekends and perform duties under deadline.
• Non-Technical Skills: Strong organizational skills, able to meet deadlines, attention to detail, work well under pressure.
• Editor will work with production and Broadcast operations playing back fixed content to the network and prepare elements for digital platforms.
• Work well with a team.
• Experience with Adobe After Effects highly considered.
• BA or BS from a 4 year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.